Saturday, August 4, 2012

An unexpected animal sighting

This morning at 9:30am I noticed a few birds/crows sounding the alarm so to speak. I quickly looked out the window to see a wolf trot along our edge of our yard and into the woods. This was incredible for a few reasons a) it was believed until recently that NH no longer had a wolf population (there hadn't been wolf sightings in decades), b) we live just feet away from NH largest city (manchester is home to 3 public highschools each with about 2000 students, plus 2 private highschools), and c) we have a cat and a Chihuahua-mix who frequently play in the back yard. Needless to say it was impressive but a bit unnerving also. Now the pets are going to be on a short leash so they don't become a bite-sized snack.

1 comment:

  1. WOW how exciting and scary in the same breath...would love to have this much wildlife around me. The most exciting wildlife I have around me is when my cat brings in a hummingbird or a gecko. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete