Saturday, August 4, 2012

More animal sightings

Driving home from a late night movie this past Wednesday, just yards from our driveway we spotted our first buck. A beautiful and large white-tail deer was quietly standing in the shadows along the side of the road. He was bothered by the sight of our car either. I couldn't snap a picture because it was a) very dark and b) unexpected, but he looked similar to this one:



Also this week, my husband who is an amphibian fanatic, found several specimen hopping/crawling along in the yard. He found a wood toad, a red newt, a spotted salamander, a green frog, and a bullfrog. This makes our property an unexpected delight for him because he has always loved catching and releasing these kinds of critters ever since he was a child. The bullfrog was actually screaming, but when we tried to take a video of it, it wouldn't make a peep.


4 comments:

  1. Chantel, What a wonderful blog. Lots of interesting articles, especiallly the article on multi-tasking tablets.
    I love the picture of the buck near your driveway, and the discoveries your husband has made. I grew up in Oklahoma and love little critters.I never found a salamander, however we had lots of horny toads, that have a "prehistoric look" to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantal, What a wonderful blog. I especially liked the article on multi-tasking blogs. The discoveries your husband has made are cool! I grew up in Oklahoma and never saw a salamander until I was 25!!!! However, I did collect frogs and horny toads, which look kind of prehistoric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is like a zoo! It's always better to find the living things outside of the house instead of inside though :) I have a lot of snakes, frogs, lizards, and lovely Palmetto Bugs around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! It is neat to see nature at its finest! We took the kids fishing Wednesday.....one last hoopla before going back to school. As we were leaving my son stuck his head out the window and yelled, "I love you, Mother Nature!". My husband and I just looked at each other and smiled.

    ReplyDelete